Sunday, May 29, 2011

Courageous, or a Slow Learner?

This entire experience with Made to Crave has changed me. I cannot say that before I began this journey I was hopeful of any results, or even convinced that anything would work for me to lose this baby weight I had been hanging on to. After all, I never had to try to lose weight before, so why should I start now? Three months later, I weigh 20 pounds less!

But things don't stop there...

My life not only was on the road to changing the way I thought about food, but my daily actions. And now, just as I've reached my first goal of the first 20 pounds, I find out that I am expecting.

SERIOUSLY?!?!


Yes, total shocker to me, not only because I have just worked SO HARD to reach this first goal, but because the numbers on my scale are about to take a u-turn and head back north.

Now that the shock has worn off a bit, and I feel as though I have grasped the concept, I now realize that this Bible Study has come just in time. I now know what my body needs, and I know what it takes to maintain my weight. Does that mean I'm throwing everything out the window just because I'm pregnant? Absolutely not. I am vowing to myself, and everyone else now, that I will not gain nearly as much weight as I did with my first two children. AND I will stay active throughout the pregnancy; also different from the first two. 

And so, a new journey begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment