Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Weigh-in Day!

Weighing in: When I stepped on the scale this morning, I must admit that I was expecting more of a loss than what I saw.  This has been an AWESOME work out week for me. I have been doing a 30 minute walk/run routine on the treadmill every day (except Sunday) and I FEEL great!  So, considering that our goal is "peace" and not pounds, I am going to embrace the .6 lbs that I lost and be thankful because I feel really good today!

My mini accomplishment: I like setting #3 on our treadmill, it changes incline and pace every 60 seconds.  Normally, there are a couple of settings around 20 minutes where I always need to turn the speed down in order to not pass out.  Yesterday when I ran, I never had to change the settings!  What a great feeling!

My tip for the week: Until my mommy years, my work outs always consisted of being at the gym with other people or playing on a team where we all worked out together.  It has been a much less motivating and enjoyable experience for me to work out at home, alone in the past few years.  So, I tried to figure out a way that I might be able to add in a little "me" time to my workout.  Now, I make a point to treat myself to taking priority on our netflix queue.  I know, this sounds silly.  But I can't tell you how effective this has been!  For 30 minutes, I watch a movie of my choice, that has a true story line and no singing animated characters!  Its amazing!  And I am actually excited to work out so that I can find out what happens next in the movie!  Its a small thing, but its working!

How has your week been?  Please share the link to your blog in the comments below!  We'd love to stop by your blog and see how you are doing!

With prayers of encouragement for you,
Determined



1 comment: