Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wednesday: Our Official Weigh-in Day

For weeks now, the three of us, along with a couple of other ladies, have gotten together on Wednesdays to "weigh-in" on our weight situations.  The first week is always the worst. 


"Wow, how did I get this big?" 
"Is the scale really right?" 
"Is there a small toddler sitting on my shoulders that I didn't know about?"


Turns out that none of my three children ever weighed 50 lbs at birth... strange?  So here I am, three children and seven years later, determined to work off this "pregnancy weight!"


Today, I am very excited to say that I am 15 lbs lighter than I was at the start of this journey and 2 lbs lighter than I was at our last weigh in!  Yippee!  My personal goal is to loose another 46 lbs.


As a group we have gone through Lysa TerKheurst's study Made to Crave, the premise of the book being that we were designed to crave God and not food.  What an incredible study this was!  So much so, that the three of us have decided to comb back through the study again to see what little bits of insights and inspiration we can unearth and grasp onto once again!  Lysa also has a 21-day devotional challenge on her website as well, if you want to check that out!


Because Lysa has been a great source of inspiration for us, I thought I would leave you with an encouraging word directly from her.  Thank you again for stopping by our blog, it should be an exciting time!




1 comment:

  1. Lysa has some amazing wisdom on this topic. I'm really hoping she makes the webcasts she did earlier this year available. Those were wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete